Our pups are our best friends. We want to share everything with them and take them where ever we go. We also want them to remain healthy and exercise. Running is a great way to stay energized and keep moving. It’s also a fun activity you can do with your furry friend. That’s why we’ve taken a look at the best dog harness for running.
- MADE FOR EXTENDED WEAR: Lightweight, durable, and made for all-day outdoor adventures; Designed...
- 2 LEASH ATTACHMENT POINTS: Reinforced webbing at chest stands up to pulling and gives...
When it comes to taking your pup out for a walk or jog, it can be as simple as attaching their leash to their collar. However, sometimes your pooch may want to slow down or speed up. They may see a squirrel and want to chase after it. Or, they could try to go the complete opposite way you’d like to go. A harness can ensure you and your running companion will stay in pace with one another as well as your pup not pulling or choking from their collar.
- Top 5 Rated Best Dog Harness For Running
- Buyer’s Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Other Dog Harnesses For Running We Reviewed
Top 5 Rated Best Dog Harness For Running
|Top Choice||RUFFWEAR - Front Range Dog Harness, Reflective and...|
|Runner Up||PoyPet No Pull Dog Harness, No Choke Front Lead...|
|Budget Choice||BABYLTRL Big Dog Harness No Pull Adjustable Pet...|
|Best For Rain Or Shine||Best Pet Supplies Voyager Step-In Air Dog Harness...|
|Best For Medium Plus Size Dogs||WINSEE Dog Harness No Pull, Pet Harnesses with Dog...|
Our Top Pick: RUFFWEAR – Front Range
Ruffwear is a company that creates pet products with your pup’s safety in mind while they’re outdoors. They believe every dog is an adventurer and they create harnesses, leashes, lifejackets, and more so that your pooch can explore and be outside comfortably and safe. We chose this particular one as our top choice for a few reasons.
This dog harness is perfect for walking, jogging, running, training, hiking, and more. It has a padded chest and belly for comfort and protection for your pup no matter where you are or how long you’ll be. It comes in all sorts of sizes but has room for an adjustable fit. In addition, it has reflective straps for nighttime use as well as two leash attachment points. There’s one on the back for relaxing walking and one in the front to discourage pulling.
- It has six color options
- Comes in xx-small, x-small, small, medium, large, and x-large
- Durable and lightweight
- Easy to get on and off
- Ideal for training, running, hiking, and many other outdoor uses
- Reflective straps for night walking
- Front and back leash attachments for no pull and no choke as well as relaxed walking
- Pocket for dog’s ID tags in case they become lost
- Not machine washable, hand wash and air dry only
Our Runner-Up Pick: PoyPet No Pull Dog Harness
- 2018 NEW VERSION, SUPER EASY TO USE: This no pull dog harness has 2 easy buckles on belly...
- NO PULL AND CHOKE FREE: Our front lead dog harness has two sturdy metal leash attachment points...
This dog harness from PoyPet is our runner up because they’re a company dedicated to making harnesses the best they can be for your furry friend. They are also upgrading their products to improve upon them. In other words, the harnesses will be more comfortable and more likely to protect your pup.
This particular product is great because it has been newly upgraded with two buckles on the belly and one on the back. That is to say, this one is easy to get on and off, and there’s no need to slip it over your pup’s head. Of course, slipping something over your head is something we, as humans, do every day. However, I know my pooch hates having something go over her head so I know for a fact she would already like this one.
In addition, this product is not only safe for walking and running but also training, hiking, and it works like a seatbelt attachment. The handle at the top of the harness allows you to grab your pup quick if need be and also work as a seatbelt loop for the car. The harness is made of non-toxic mesh padding that makes it comfortable and breathable to wear all day.
- 13 color options
- Sizes are x-small, small, medium, large, and x-large
- Three buckles for leash attachment plus handle for you or a seatbelt loop
- Easy on and off, no slip over the head
- Breathable mesh is comfortable, lightweight, and durable
- No pull and choke free
- Has reflective straps for night walking
- It comes with a pocket for your pup’s ID and tags
- Not machine washable
Best Budget Pick: Big Dog Harness
- Extra Large Size: Chest Girth 32-42 inch. Perfect harness for large dogs, like golden...
- No Pull and Choke Free: Pulling pressure is evenly distributed to the body to prevent Pulling...
This big dog harness is from the company Babyltrl. This company makes products for pups though they also make some other products for humans. They have a handful of different kind of harnesses for pups, those we chose this as our budget pick for a few different reasons.
Made of nylon oxford, this one is flexible and comfortable all the while protecting your pup on walks, hikes, runs, or any other outdoor use. There’s a nylon handle at the top for you to grab if need be and the rest of the harness has a mesh and sponge padding for your pup’s comfort. A sturdy D-ring for a leash attachment is in the front allowing for a no pull, no choke, and stress-free run.
- There are three color options
- Adjustable, but the sizes are small, medium, large, and x-large
- No pull, choke-free
- Snap buckles make it easy on and off
- Durable D-ring for leash attachment in front
- Straps are reflective for nighttime
- Made with nylon oxford and mesh padding
Best For Rain Or Shine: Voyager Step-In Air Dog Harness
- ATTENTION: Sizing does NOT directly correspond to your pet's breed or weight. Please MEASURE...
- ALL WEATHER MESH: Made with a soft, breathable air mesh, this lightweight pet harness is...
Depending on your pup’s size, breed, and temperament, most pooches don’t mind going outside no matter the weather. As long as the temperatures are not too high or too low for your pup’s health, taking them on a run rain or shine isn’t a bad idea. It keeps them active on gloomy days and will also keep up the exercise routine. This is why we took a look at the Voyager step-in air dog harness.
This particular product is made for all kinds of weather in mind. It’s made with breathable mesh that’s insulated to keep your pup warm or cool no matter the weather. It holds with a snap buckle as well as velcro for a secure, snug fasten. In addition, you don’t need to slip it over your pup’s head to get it on and off. The metal D-ring is in the front with the snap buckle ensuring your pup will not pull or choke on runs, hiking, training, or more. Regardless of the weather, this is one that your pooch can wear all day, indoors and outdoors.
- 16 color options
- Sizes come in x-small, small, medium, large, and x-large
- Made for all weather types
- Breathable mesh with insulation
- Durable and sturdy
- Easy to put on and take off, no slipping over their head
- Snap buckle and velcro for secure fasten
- Has reflective bands for nighttime use
Best For Medium Plus Size Dogs: WINSEE Dog Harness
- 【Reflective Straps & Sturdy Handle】Reflective straps of this easy control harness ensure...
- 【Adjustable & Customizable Neck And Chest Girth Fit】The fit of this pet harness can be...
Winsee is a company that has created a handful of pet products, and this harness is one of them. This particular product is great for any pup that is medium sized or larger. We’re unsure why they don’t make the harnesses in a smaller size for small dogs, but this one also comes with a collar. I know from experience that collars do not fit all dogs. My pup doesn’t have a collar because her neck is so small.
In other words, if you have a medium dog or larger, then consider this Winsee dog harness. This product is sturdy and durable as it’s made with 1680D oxford fabric so it can hold up against tearing and chewing. In addition, a nylon collar is included that matches the harness. Both of them have reflective straps making it easy for your pup to be seen running at night. A D-ring is placed in front for no pulling and in back for relaxing outings.
- Comes in sizes medium, large, and x-large
- Two D-rings, one in front and one in back
- No choke and no pull
- Easy on and off, adjustable and elastic straps
- Durable 1680D oxford and nylon fabric for no tearing or chewing with breathable mesh
- Straps are reflective
- Handle on top for you as well as seatbelt
- Collar included
- One year warranty
Buying a dog harness isn’t easy. There are a lot of different things to consider when it comes to buying the correct one for your pup. Not only size, but you want to make sure your furry friend is comfortable and doesn’t see the harness as a restriction.
Harnesses are wonderful for many different reasons, though there are some pups who might feel intimidated by them. My pooch, for example, doesn’t like having a hardness on. She tolerates it, but she always turns the other way when I try to get it on. When it comes to picking out one for your pup, there’s a lot to think about in order to choose the right one for your furry companion.
We’ve picked out the top five choices for the best dog harness for running, but it’s always a good idea to do some research of your own, so you know you’re getting the right product for your pup.
What Are The Advantages To Having A Dog Harness?
They Keep Your Pup Safer And More Comfortable
A collar is, of course, great for your pooch to have. However, depending on their neck size, it can be an annoyance for your pup. Collars can get too tight or easily slip off if not tight enough. If you’re going for a run with your pup, the collar may tug at them too tightly and hurt their throat.
Having a harness will ease that area of their body and it will also be more comfortable for your pup. In a way, it’s kind of like a half body suit to ensure full protection and security for your pooch while you’re out and about.
No Pull And No Choke
As stated earlier, a harness will not choke your pup if you need to pull them back and control them or train them. Most come with a leash attachment in front as well so that they can’t pull on you. If they try to pull, the leash will end up turning them right back around. This is great for training, and it also doesn’t hurt any part of their body.
Easier Control For You
You can give your pup a gentle tug to either get them to stop going ahead or to turn around and look at you when you’re out and about without causing any strain to your furry friend. Plus, most harnesses come with a handle on top so that you’re able to easily reach down and grab them if need be.
How To Choose The Best Dog Harness For Running
First and foremost, you want to make sure you’re getting the right size for your pup. Most harnesses have a sizing chart before you buy that show how to measure your pooch as well as what size to buy should they measure a certain amount. You don’t want to guess because, while some are adjustable, if you get one too small for your pup then they won’t be comfortable and feel restricted. On the other hand, if you get a harness that’s too large, they could easily slip out of it.
Most harnesses are made from nylon, mesh or sponge padding, or even nylon oxford. However, it’s a good idea to keep the material in mind in case your pup has sensitive skin and may be allergic to some fabric. It’s not common, but it’s not unheard of either. Plus, the fabric should be flexible enough so that your pup has plenty of room to wriggle around – but not escape the harness.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most of these products come with a sizing chart and recommend you use a tape measure to get the width of your pup’s rib cage, where the harness will be. Depending on how many inches it is, the chart will tell you which size to get.
Nylon Oxford is like an upgrade form nylon. It doesn’t rip or tear, making it a great material for a dog harness. Your pup can chew it, but it won’t harm the harness. It’s also waterproof, flexible, durable, and lightweight.
No, they shouldn’t. If you get the correct size and adjust the fitting so that it’s snug, but not too tight on your pup, your pooch shouldn’t be able to escape the harness. However, dogs are smart, and some are more crafty than others. If your dog is a known escape artist, keep a close eye on them until they get used to the harness.
Other Dog Harnesses For Running We Reviewed
- The Best For A Quick Run
- The Best For Any Size Dog
Best Dog Harness For A Quick Run
Rabbitgoo Dog Harness
- 【 LARGE DOG HARNESS 】 - Measuring Neck Girth: 16.1" - 23.2", Chest Girth: 20.5" - 36" ....
- 【 NO PULL, NO CHOKE 】- Our non-pulling dog harness is specially designed with 2 Metal Leash...
Rabbitgoo is a fairly well-known brand that creates pet products. They create harnesses not just for dogs, but smaller ones for cats as well. Plus, leashes and crates. This product is a great one for a quick run because it doesn’t have quite all the bells and whistles as the other harnesses on this list do. With that said, this one does still have your pup’s safety in mind and keeps them comfortable and secure.
Whether you go for a walk, run, or hike, this one has you covered. It’s easy to get on and off your pooch with a quick slip over the head and it’s lightweight as well. There are two metal leash attachments, one in the front and one in the back, for relaxed walking and no pulling. The straps are reflective for nighttime, and it’s weatherproof to boot.
- Four color options
- Sizes are small, medium, large, x-large
- Two metal leash attachments
- No pull, no choke
- Reflective straps for night use
- Lightweight and durable
- Made with nylon oxford and mesh padding for comfort and security
- Easy to clean
Embark Adventure Dog Harness
- THE ULTIMATE ADVENTURE DOG HARNESS - A dog vest harness active lifestyles: go together for an...
- HIGHLY ADJUSTABLE & EASY ON AND OFF - Longer straps with extra adjustment space help you find a...
Embark Adventure is a brand that is just as it sounds – they create pet products designed for your pet to be outdoors and enjoy it all. In addition to this, they also have leashes and collapsible bowls and other equipment for if you’re out and about with your pooch for a long time.
This product is another great one for if you’re going on a quick outing with your pup. Not all the bells and whistles are on the harness, but it will still protect your pup and keep them safe and comfortable. Plus, it’s easy to get this one on and off, and it has anti-chafe padding for comfort. Also, it’s adjustable for your pup’s ultimate comfort.
- Three color options
- Comes in small, medium, large, and x-large
- Easy to get on and off, slip over the head
- Great for walking, running, training, etc.
- Durable, lightweight, and adjustable
- Made with nylon and anti-chafe padding
- Leash attachments in the front and back, no pull and no choke
- Reflective straps for nighttime use
Best Dog Harness For Any Size Dog
Juxzh Truelove Soft Front Dog Harness
- JUXZH"Truelove"dog harness Color: Purple Size L Fits chest 27-32inches,Stylish ,Durable,...
- safety your features include Nylon webbing with reflective material for Good visibility at...
Juxzh Truelove is a brand that creates a few different kinds of harnesses for dogs. This particular one is great because it’s customizable in the sense that it’s great for any size pup. It comes in a plethora of sizes for all the different breeds of dogs out there.
This product is made of nylon webbing and breathable mesh sponge padding. There’s a handle at the top along with an aluminum alloy V-ring on the back and a stainless steel O-ring on the chest for no pulling and no choking.
- 11 color options
- Comes in x-small, small, medium, large, x-large
- Made of nylon webbing and mesh sponge padding
- Easy on and off
- Reflective straps for night walks
When it comes to taking your pup out and about with you, we all want the same thing for our furry friend – to be safe, comfortable, and have fun. It’s great to have the ability to share our likes and interests with our best companion, and this list of the best dog harness for running will allow you to do that and take your pup anywhere.
What sort of harness do you have for your dog? Do you regularly run together? Let us know in the comments below!