There’s a common misconception that elevated or raised dog beds are for elderly dogs or furry friends with particular injuries. But they can actually be extremely useful for any pet owner. There are a variety of benefits to a raised dog cot. They can help with your pet retaining and comfortable temperature, allow for better air circulation around your dog’s body, prevent mold, and mildew, allow for easier cleaning and offer even support for your pet’s joints. But simply buying any old elevated pet bed won’t ensure you get the results you need. There are more specific concerns you should want to take into consideration when making a purchase to ensure you’re truly happy with it. Luckily, our guide to the best elevated dog beds is here to help you out.
- Top Choice – Veehoo Cooling Elevated Dog Bed for Summer, Portable Raised Pet Cot, Waterproof & Breathable Mat, Durable Textilene Mesh Fabric, No-Slip Feet, Indoor or Outdoor Use
- Top 5 Rated Best Raised And Elevated Dog Beds
- Our Top Pick: Veehoo Cooling Elevated Dog Bed for Summer, Portable Raised Pet Cot, Waterproof & Breathable Mat, Durable Textilene Mesh Fabric, No-Slip Feet, Indoor or Outdoor Use
- Our Runner-Up Pick: Internet’s Best Dog Cot | Elevated Pet Bed | Mesh | Variety of Sizes & Colors
- Best Budget Pick: Amazon Basics Elevated Cooling Pet Bed
- Best Raised Dog Bed With A Bolster: K&H Pet Products Original Bolster Pet Cot Elevated Pet Bed, Chocolate/Mesh, Medium
- Best Raised Dog Bed For Large Pets: K9 Ballistics Chew Proof Elevated Dog Bed – Chewproof – All Aluminum – Indoor/Outdoor – Ripstop Ballistic Fabric – Ships Assembled – Fits Inside Crates
- Buyer’s Guide
- How to choose the best raised or elevated dog bed?
- What are the advantages/benefits of a raised or elevated dog bed?
- Things to look for/attributes that differentiate these products.
- Who Should Buy A Raised Or Elevated Dog Bed?
- What’s the best way to use a raised or elevated dog bed?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Other Raised Or Elevated Dog Beds We Reviewed
- Best super strength raised or elevated dog bed
Top Choice – Veehoo Cooling Elevated Dog Bed for Summer, Portable Raised Pet Cot, Waterproof & Breathable Mat, Durable Textilene Mesh Fabric, No-Slip Feet, Indoor or Outdoor Use
- Material: Textilene Mesh and Powder-Coated Steel. Size: 42"x30"x7" (107x76x18 cm). Can hold a...
- Stay Cool Ever! Crafted of mesh fabric in the center, our bed allows air to flow, keeping them...
In order to ensure you’re truly happy with your purchase, you need to think about what specifics matter the most to you, and your pet. Your elevated pet bed needs to be well suited to particular aspects of your animal, including their size, weight, temperament, and preferences. You’ll also likely want to consider your own preferences, in terms of material, look, size, appearance, and budget. Taking all of these aspects into consideration, we’ve created a conclusive list of the very best raised bed options to ensure you make a well-informed (and ultimately satisfactory) purchase.
Top 5 Rated Best Raised And Elevated Dog Beds
|Top Choice||Veehoo Cooling Elevated Dog Bed, Portable Raised...|
|Runner Up||Internet's Best Dog Cot - 48 x 36 - Elevated Dog...|
|Budget Choice||AmazonBasics Cooling Elevated Pet Bed, Large (51 x...|
|Best Raised Dog Bed With Bolster||K&H Pet Products Original Bolster Pet Cot Elevated...|
|Best Raised Dog Bed For Large Pets||K9 Ballistics Chew Proof Elevated Dog Bed -...|
Our Top Pick:
Veehoo Cooling Elevated Dog Bed for Summer, Portable Raised Pet Cot, Waterproof & Breathable Mat, Durable Textilene Mesh Fabric, No-Slip Feet, Indoor or Outdoor Use
This option comes in three colors, so you can choose the best one to suit your home decor. It can hold weight up to one hundred and fifty pounds, which makes it a great choice for a wide range of breeds, including larger dogs like a German Shepherd or Great Dane. It’ll also help keep your dog cool thanks to breathable mesh. It’s easy to assemble and take apart, making it easy to take with you on holidays. It’s also built to be exceptionally durable, with non-slip rubber feet to ensure no night time movement and allow your pet to sleep really well.
Pros and Cons
- Customers love that this option suits all sized, from small dogs to extra large breeds.
- Because this is a bigger item if you have two pets who like to share it could be an ideal choice for you.
- Some comment that this bed is a little bit trickier to put together, but the fact it feels so strong and durable once it’s up, means many believe it’s well worth the extra time.
- It’s a particularly excellent choice for an outdoor dog bed, as its waterproof liner and rust-resistant frame means that it will outlast any weather conditions.
- One issue customers do point out about this option is the fact that it is attached with velcro, which some don’t feel is secure or supportive enough.
Our Runner-Up Pick:
Internet’s Best Dog Cot | Elevated Pet Bed | Mesh | Variety of Sizes & Colors
- COOL & COMFORTABLE: The Pet Cot will make your pup happy with a cool place to rest during the...
- PROTECT YOUR DOG: the elevated cot protects your best friend from collecting dirt and dust from...
The mesh fabric of this option makes it highly suited for those who live in warmer climates. The breathable fabric ensures your pet will remain comfy and cool throughout the summer. The added height also means it can help your pooch healthier, as they’re away from dust and any potential crawling bugs. The steel frame and washable cover make this pet cot feel very durable and long lasting. It can hold up to one hundred pounds of weight, so is suitable for most doggies.
Pros and Cons
- Customers claim this option is particularly speedy to assemble, making it great for pet owners who lack particular building prowess.
- Many claim their beloved furry friend took an immediate shine to this option, which is ideal if you have a fussier pet who is picky about their level of comfort.
- This bed has a stylish finish and would look attractive and modern in any home.
- Some claim this bed sags a little, although this can be remedied with some tightening.
- This bed is not suitable for dogs over one hundred pounds, though some customers claim it’s not the best choice even for their medium to large sized dogs, who ended up breaking the item.
Best Budget Pick:
Amazon Basics Elevated Cooling Pet Bed
- Breathable mesh fabric helps keep pets cool by allowing air to flow
- Elevates pets more than 7 inches off the ground
For those on a tighter budget, this may be the option that could really help you out. If you are concerned about your dog’s temperature, health problems, or issues like hip dysplasia that tend to affect senior dogs, but can’t spring for a pricier orthopedic bed, this is an excellent option. It has breathable mesh fabric which allows excellent airflow and keeps your dog at a healthy temperature. It’s easy to wipe clean, which is handy for those who need to keep things tidy but are fairly low maintenance. The simple frame design makes it extremely easy to assemble – although this can cause problems in terms of a lack of durability.
Pros and Cons
- One major pro of this option is that it is incredibly well priced. It currently costs around half of any of the other options on our list. This means even if you’re on a tight budget, your pet can enjoy the benefits of a raised or elevated bed.
- On top of the excellent price, people point out the good quality of the item – especially when you take into consideration the low price.
- The primary issue with this option is that it’s less durable. When you take into consideration the price, this may well be worth it. It could be a good choice to try out this style of bed to see if your dog likes it before investing. However, if you already know what your pet likes, then it could actually be more of an investment to go for something pricier.
Best Raised Dog Bed With A Bolster:
K&H Pet Products Original Bolster Pet Cot Elevated Pet Bed, Chocolate/Mesh, Medium
- Outdoor dog bed with fluffy plush bolster for ultimate comfort and security
- 600-denier nylon fabric is waterproof, bacteria, mold and mildew resistant
The addition of a bolster on this option gives it a plush and luxurious feel, plus offers your pooch extra security throughout the night. It’s made of breathable fabric that’s bacteria, mold, and mildew resistant, which can benefit your pet’s health and prevent any unwanted nasties. It also has a mesh section which can help keep your pet cool. It’s strength tested and has a one year warranty so you can be assured it’ll last really well.
Pros and Cons
- People love the sturdy design of this item, which they claim is suitable across the range of dog sizes and is even suitable for cats.
- The addition of the bolster gives it an attractive touch, an appealing finish, and offers you extra security when leaving your furry friend throughout the night.
- This option comes in a wide range of sizes, so you’re sure to be able to find one to suit you.
- Some claim they find the stitching on this item to be less than ideal and have noticed parts of the bed coming apart over time. This can be mitigated by ensuring you choose the right size bed for your dog’s weight.
Best Raised Dog Bed For Large Pets:
K9 Ballistics Chew Proof Elevated Dog Bed – Chewproof – All Aluminum – Indoor/Outdoor – Ripstop Ballistic Fabric – Ships Assembled – Fits Inside Crates
- Chew Proof Dog Bed: For dogs who persistently chew their beds, and who've turned lesser dog...
- Chew Resistant Dog Bed: This elevated dog bed resists all destructive dog habits such as...
If you have a particularly large pet, this could be one of the only options to suit you. It can hold a lot of weight and could be perfect if you have an extra large dog breed with a need for a raised cot. It’s also designed to be chew proof, which can be super helpful if there’s a pet who persistently destroys beds. It’s designed to be indestructible and take almost an unlimited amount of weight, including even support to help look after your pet’s joints. It’s also breathable to allow for air flow, which controls temperature and prevents bacteria build up. It comes with a one hundred and eighty days warranted, so you can purchase with the assurance that you won’t end up disappointed.
Pros and Cons
- Those with pets who chew particularly love this option, and claim it’s the first cot they’ve bought which their pet hasn’t immediately destroyed.
- The incredible durability and strength of this bed also gain a lot of praise. Many who were at their wits end trying to find a bed for the size and weight of their pooch have found this option a real godsend.
- One downside to this option is the high price. It’s much much more expensive than other options on our list. In particular circumstances, this may well be worth it – but if you don’t have a particularly heavy or chew-happy pet then it’ll probably not be worth your cash.
Choosing the best raised or elevated dog bed for your needs can be tricky. You want to make sure you know exactly what you want before making a purchase, or you risk ending up highly disappointed. Luckily, Scout Knows is here to help. We have broken down the general issues when it comes to purchasing a raised or elevated dog cot to make sure you can make the correct decision.
How to choose the best raised or elevated dog bed?
It’s always a good idea to make sure you read reviews from verified customers before making a purchase. But you also want to know exactly what your specific needs are first, too. For example, you’ll want to consider things like the size of your pet, plus whether they’ll likely need a specialist material like memory foam or high-density polyethylene. You also want to look into budget and into the way the cot looks, too. What are the advantages/benefits of [type of product]?
What are the advantages/benefits of a raised or elevated dog bed?
There are three primary advantages of choosing a product like these. First is temperature control. If you’re concerned about your pet becoming overheated, going for a product such as this is ideal. This can also help with breathing in warmer weather. The second is health. Being elevated from the floor keeps your pet out of the dirt, and minimizes their exposure to bacteria, dust, and bugs. The third is that these cots offer orthopedic benefits to a pet. If you’re concerned about your dog’s bones or joints, then this could be amazing news.
Things to look for/attributes that differentiate these products.
You’ll want to consider your needs – for example, whether or not you need an orthopedic dog bed. You’ll also want to look at design – whether you want breathable mesh or orthopedic memory foam. You’ll also need to look at things like size, strength, weight, durability, ease of assembly, and price, to ensure you make a purchase which best suits you.
Who Should Buy A Raised Or Elevated Dog Bed?
The main group of customers who should purchase something like these products is those with a specific need they address. Those who live in hot climates and have a dog whose body temperature is a consistent worry to them then an elevated cot could make all the difference. It’s also a great choice for those with pets who have persistent issues with their joints, sore backs, or issues breathing. They can also make a huge difference to those who have pets with allergies or poor immune systems. Lying on the floor can lead to more exposure to dirt and germs, and so elevating even slightly can help prevent your beloved pooch getting sick.
What’s the best way to use a raised or elevated dog bed?
Generally speaking, these items are best suited to being outside, but they can also be used within the home. If you’re concerned about introducing your pet to a new item like this, you can first set the base on the floor so they can get used to it before placing it on the frame.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answer is, it really does depend. If you’ve never considered you may need one until now, then it’s likely you might not. However, if you’ve been concerned about your dog’s temperature, breathing, orthopedic issues, or exposure to dust, then it may well be something worth considering.
Obviously, that’s easier said than done. But by doing lots of research and reading reviews, you can ensure you end up with the best option for you. And Scout Knows is always here to help with our definitive and expansive buying guides.
Other Raised Or Elevated Dog Beds We Reviewed
- Best raised or elevated dog bed for cooling
- Super strength raised or elevated dog bed
Best raised or elevated dog bed for cooling
The Original Elevated Pet Bed by Coolaroo
- Off-the-ground design promotes and increases air flow on all sides of the bed, keeping your pet...
- Suspended platform provides added comfort by creating low-impact areas to pressure points and...
- This design is a total classic. It was one of the first on the market and is still amongst the best in terms of airflow.
- If cooling is your number one concern then this could be the best product for you.
- It’s resistant to fleas, mites, mold, and mildew, making it a super hygienic option if that’s a concern of yours.
- It’s also highly durable and strong, with many claiming their Coolaroo elevated dog bed has lasted for years.
Best super strength raised or elevated dog bed
Kuranda Dog Bed – Chewproof – Walnut PVC – Indoor Bed – Cordura Fabric
- HIGH STRENGTH PVC frame supports up to 100 lbs. For heavier dogs, try the Kuranda All Aluminum...
- Elevated/Raised orthopedic design to keep your dog dry, cool, and comfortable.
- This Kuranda dog bed comes in four shades, so you’re sure to find one which suits your outside decor.
- The high strength frame is made of PVC and is super supportive. Kuranda makes an enormous range of other options for different sized dogs, so you’re sure to be able to find a strong and durable option from this brand.
- These beds are highly easy to clean, so will always be looking its very best.
- It’s also durable and abrasion resistant, so the canvas layer will continue to look new and fresh day after day.
There are many benefits to going for a raised or elevated dog bed. But making the wrong decision can lead to disappointment and wasted money. By choosing more carefully, you can be surer you (and your pet) end up happy.
If you want to buy a dog bed but aren’t convinced a raised or elevated one is right for you, we have plenty of other handy guides for you. We have a buying guide for the best outdoor dog bed right here. If you want more options for an extra large pet, we have a guide to the best dog beds for larger animals right here. And if you want something totally breed specific, then we have a guide to the best dog beds for Great Danes right here.
Do you agree with our list? Do you have a favorite raised or elevated dog bed we didn’t include? Let us know in the comments below!