The average pup sleeps about 14 hours a day. They’re so energized when they’re awake that they certainly need their beauty sleep at night and take frequent naps throughout the day. What better way to do that than their very own bed? Whether they’re in the house, in their crate, or lounging outside, we’ve taken a look at the best outdoor dog bed.
- Large Grey with Blue Trim (Easy Clean Cover) 40" x 25" x 6" premium quality waterproof...
- A prudent preventative measure for younger dogs of breeds predisposed to joint conditions,...
Having a pet bed that’s great for the outdoors as well as inside the house is a good idea so that you and your pup can maximize your time together. My pooch is always wanting to be outside with me and having her own outdoor bed would be ideal so that she has her own safe space, get fresh air, and still be hanging out with me. Getting the best outdoor dog bed is the way to go.
Top 5 Rated Outdoor Dog Beds
|Recommendation||Outdoor Dog Bed|
|Top Choice||The Dog's Bed Orthopedic Dog Bed Large Grey/Blue...|
|Runner Up||Friends Forever Memory-Foam Orthopedic Dog Bed...|
|Budget Choice||Furhaven Pet Dog Ultra Bed Push Plush Faux Fur &...|
|Best To Keep Your Dog Cool||K&H Pet Products Original Bolster Pet Cot Elevated...|
|Best For Outdoor Travel||Spruce Pup Indoor/Outdoor Travel Dog Pet Bed -...|
Our Top Pick: The Dog’s Bed
The Dog’s one is a wonderful choice. There are a lot of different options to choose from and consider when picking out the perfect bed for your pooch. This particular product has all the customization you could ever think of to ensure your pup is comfortable. Not only does this product have a lot of choices for you to think about it, but it also gives some information on memory foam and the like and why it’s great for all pups in case you didn’t know.
This is our top choice because, while it’s a little on the expensive side, it’s worth it. This product is long-lasting, and your companion will surely never want to get up from their nap. It is waterproof, so it’s great to be outside if accidentally left in the rain as well as also great for any puppy accidents. It’s orthopedic memory foam so that your furry friend will have maximum comfort while also getting health benefits from it.
- Perfect for indoor and outdoor use
- Comes in five different sizes – small, medium, large, x-large, and xx-large (large, x-large, and xx-large also have the option to come with a bolster pad)
- Eight color options to choose from
- Made with orthopedic memory foam
- Cover and inner mattress are washable by hand or on a gentle cycle in the washing machine
- Contours to their body for ultimate comfort and relieve various aches and pain such as arthritis, joint pain, sore muscles, and hip dysplasia
Our Runner-Up Pick: Friends Forever Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Designed with extra care, your pet's comfort is our priority. Your dog will get a solid night's...
- Water-resistant liner and human-grade mattress foam, this orthopedic bed has been put to the...
This product is from Friends Forever, which is a brand that has an array of items from beds to leashes to shampoos. They have anything you can think of and are a wonderful company with your pup’s best interest in mind. This orthopedic bed is considered a lounge sofa as it’s made with 100% suede and a 4-inch thick mattress with human grade memory foam. Talk about ultimate comfort for your furry friend!
This luxurious bed for dogs is awesome for them, but this product is also great for you because it’s water and hair resistant. Waterproof is great for the outdoors, but also your pooch’s fur won’t shed all over the place. This leaves less cleaning for you, but cleaning is super easy as well. The slip cover comes off and is machine washable.
- Perfect for indoor and outdoor use
- Made with suede
- The cover is anti-tear from claws and machine washable
- Non-slip bottom, no skidding across the floor
- Supports all of their body and relieves arthritis and joint pain
- Human grade memory foam
- Comes in five colors
- Comes in small, large, x-large, and xx-large
- Has a one year warranty
Best Budget Pick: Furhaven Pet Bed
- PERFECT FOR CUDDLING: The Furhaven Deluxe Traditional Mattress Pet Dog Bed features an open...
- SLEEP SURFACE: The mattress cover is made from durable polycanvas fabric with water-resistant...
This product from Furhaven is a delight. Not only is it easy on your wallet, but your pup will adore this mattress. It has an open design so your pup can easily spread out and sleep in any position they’re comfortable in. It’s soft for your furry friend, but it’s durable so that it can withstand scratching for longer lasting. The mattress is thick though it’s still low to the ground, so it’s easy for all breeds to get on and off.
What’s also great about this product is that, because of the durability, it makes it perfect for outdoor use. Rocks and concrete won’t scratch or tear the fabric. It’s also waterproof so it’ll hold up in the rain if left outside.
- Has 33 color options
- Comes in small, medium, large, jumbo, or jumbo plus
- Can choose orthopedic foam or memory foam in certain sizes
- Perfect for indoor and outdoor use
- Water resistant
- Egg crate design to contour to your pup’s body and have better air circulation
- Great for senior or disabled pups
- Easy clean
- Not recommended for teething puppies
Best To Keep Your Dog Cool: K&H Pet Products Original Bolster Pet Cot
- Outdoor dog bed with fluffy plush bolster for ultimate comfort and security
- 600-Denier nylon fabric is waterproof, Bacteria, mold and mildew resistant
K&H Pet Products is a well-known company that has a plethora of pet products. They’re expertly crafted for your furry friend’s best interest in mind. They’re high-quality items and also vet recommended. This particular product is affordable though a bit on the higher end of the scale, but it’s perfect for outdoor because it’s designed to keep your pooch cool.
This product has a mesh center that circulates air and allows the bed to be breathable to keep your pup cool. It is also elevated so that your pooch is not lying on the hard ground since the product itself isn’t thick at all. This product is perfect for hot summer days when you’re sitting on your deck, gardening, or swimming in the pool. Your pup can take a breather beside you in their own bed.
- Great for indoor and outdoor as well as easy to travel with
- Comes in small, medium, and large
- Made with nylon fabric
- Waterproof – will not create mold, mildew, or bacteria
- Easy assemble and durable
- Plush bolster added to the sides for extra comfort
- Can buy a canopy (sold separately) to attach for extra shade
- Machine washable
- One year warranty
Best For Outdoor Travel: Spruce Pup Indoor/Outdoor Travel Dog Pet Bed
- Ready for the road: portable dog bed zips open and closed to carry all your dog's gear.
- Indoor or outdoor use: This dog bed is built with high-quality, durable materials and...
Spruce is a company that is about a year old, but it’s already growing in popularity and is becoming well known. Spruce has created a wonderful outdoor travel bed that folds into a luggage-like case for your pup’s things. This product is made for traveling and camping. It’s sturdy, waterproof, and will last a long time.
While this product is more on the expensive side, it’s built to last and has nothing but your pup’s health and comfort in mind. This one is made with supportive foam for ultimate comfort for your furry friend all the while acting like a suitcase for them. This product folds up with handles and pockets to stash your pup’s leash, water bowl, and anything else your pup needs to pack.
- Indoor and outdoor use plus traveling and suitcase
- Fitted sheets are machine washable and made with faux suede
- Folds into a travel case
- The mattress is supportive foam
- Comes in small, medium, and large
Pups love to sleep. They enjoy their nap time, especially if they’re on the go and energized for most of the day. Buying a pet bed is important for your pooch, but there’s a lot to think about when it comes to choosing the best outdoor dog bed for your furry friend.
Things To Consider
This list contains the best outdoor dog beds and all of these are great for inside the house as well as outside for the backyard or traveling. The products on this list have the best of both worlds, but when searching for one, think about where you’re going to put the bed. Will it mostly stay inside the house or will you keep it outside all the time? Will you travel anywhere with it? Do you bring your pup camping with you? Knowing the answers to these questions will help in the decision on how waterproof and sturdy or lightweight you want it to be.
The products on this list are made from a variety of different material – suede, vinyl, mesh, polyester, and more. Some of this fabric is softer than others. Your pup may feel more comfortable with one material over the others. Plus, there are allergies to consider. You might not know it until after you buy a certain type, but pups can have allergies against certain materials or fabric. If you notice your pooch itching a lot, they may be allergic or just simply uncomfortable with what the bed is made out of.
Pup’s Likes & Dislikes
As stated before, your pooch might not like a certain material. Even if it’s soft and designed with comfort in mind, they might have a different definition of what’s comfortable to them. Plus, these products come in all different shapes and sizes. Does your pup enjoy having a pillow? You might want to look at those with a plush bolster attached. Do they enjoy being a little higher off the ground? Maybe search for an elevated bed. My small furry companion loves to be in large spaces. Her bed is much larger than what she needs for that reason. Keep an eye on your pup’s sleep positions and nap patterns and observe what you think they would enjoy the most.
Benefits Of Orthopedic Memory Foam
You may have noticed that most of these pet beds have one thing in common – they’re made with orthopedic memory foam. Why is memory foam good for dogs? This material is soft with extra padding that’s squishy enough to conform to their body. Their body temperature allows the memory foam to contour with their vertebra and allow for ultimate comfort and soothe pressure points. Not only is it super comfortable and soft for your pup, but it also has plenty of health benefits in which is supports their head, bones, and joints. It relieves pain in the joints, arthritis, hip dysplasia, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are benefits to having a pet bed that heats or cools. A heating padded bed will help relieve aches and pain, and a cooling bed will be great outdoors in the summer. Choose a bed, depending on their needs.
Most pet beds come in various sizes to accommodate various breeds. However, all pups weight differently, and some may be above or below the average weight for their size. Most beds have a chart and let you know the weight capacity before you buy.
Some beds have fleece covers while others have a mesh base. Your pooch might be comfortable with softer padding, or maybe they’d be content with something a little harder. Some beds have the option to add on, and some don’t, but you can always drape your pup’s favorite blanket over the surface of the bed if that’s what comforts them.
Other Outdoor Dog Beds We Reviewed
- Outdoor Dog Beds For Seniors Dogs
- Outdoor Dog Beds For Puppies
Best Outdoor Dog Beds For Senior Dogs
Brindle Soft Shredded Memory Foam Dog Bed
- A 3-inch layer of orthopedic shredded memory foam fill eliminates pressure points and increases...
- Portable, lightweight bed is great for travel and compatible with 24" X 18" Dog crates
Some pups are prone to illnesses or may have joint problems, to begin with. My pooch, who is now 8-years-old, has had joint problems in one of her back legs since she was a puppy. Unfortunately, they grow up fast. They age faster than humans do, and with aging comes aches and pain. There are are a lot of great beds for dogs out there, but there are some that are more suitable for senior dogs than others. This bed from Brindle is one of those products.
This particular pet bed is a mattress that’s three inches thick, so it’s pretty low to the ground. It’s like a mat and is easy for all breeds to get on and off. The various sizes also fit just about anywhere so that your pup can have the comfort they need anywhere they go and that includes outside.
- Comes in seven size options
- Can choose from four different colors
- Three-inch thick orthopedic memory foam
- Lightweight – can fit in cars, couches, crates, etc.
- Great for indoor and outdoor use
- Supports aches and pain such as sore joints, arthritis, and hip dysplasia
- Made with microsuede
- Cover is machine washable, inside padding is not
Hero Dog Bed Mat
- Dog bed medium is slip resistance & durable,the othopedic crate bed comes with durable plush...
- Soft 35 inch crate pad for small to large dogs,especially for older or disabled pets,support...
This bed from Hero Dog is another great option for older dogs with joint pain, hip dysplasia, and other issues. It’s a lightweight mat that can be carried around to different areas of your house or be kept outside so your pet is comfortable where ever they go.
It contours to your pup’s vertebra to ensure maximum comfort and stability while they sleep. It soothes pressure points and is soft to boot. This mat is made with 100% microfiber polyester on the inside, and the cover is plush fleece.
- Comes in four different sizes
- Perfect for young and older dogs to easily get on and off
- Non-slip bottom
- Portable for crate, car, indoors or outdoors
- Supports aching joints
- Machine washable
Best Outdoor Dog Beds For Puppies
Kuranda Dog Bed
- Patented, CHEWPROOF HIGH STRENGTH, lightweight aircraft grade aluminum frame supports up to...
- Elevated/Raised orthopedic design to keep your dog dry, cool, and comfortable indoors and...
When bringing a new puppy into your home, it’s always a good idea for them to have their own safe space. Whether this is a crate or pet bed or something else, this bed from Kuranda is a great option. This bed is good for all-around use, indoor and outdoor. It’s durable so that nothing can destroy it – no scratching and no biting. That’s why this is a perfect bed for teething puppies because they can’t shred the bed apart.
This particular product is designed to keep your pooch cool with comfort in mind. It’s breathable vinyl and easy to clean. It can hold up to 250 lbs regardless of what size you get. You can also add a fleece (not sold with the bed) or some sort of mat or blanket should you want the bed to have extra padding for your pup.
- Four color options
- Comes in sizes mini, small, medium, large, x-large, and xx-large
- No rusting – great for both indoors and outdoors
- Elevated and orthopedic
- Easy to clean
- Keeps your pooch cool and comfortable
- One year warranty
Our furry friends are spoiled and what better way to do that than to give them a high quality, durable, ultra comfort bed to call their own? Allowing your pooch their own bed will give them their own space to be comfortable in and feel safe. The best outdoor dog bed is out there for your pup that they’ll surely love and enjoy.
What kind of pet bed do you have for your pooch? Let us know in the comments below!