- 7 Best Dog Bed Ideas For Great Dane (DIY Options) - July 16, 2022
- Top 5 Rated Best Non-Prescription Diabetic Dog Food - July 15, 2022
- American Journey Dog Food Reviews & Recall - July 15, 2022
Victor Grain-Free formula is a real bargain in the world of grain-free. I am a member of a lot of different dog groups on Facebook and I see the name Victor pop up a lot among those that are picky about what they feed their canine family members. Victor Grain-Free is a dog food that I recommend for any dog because it contains such high-quality ingredients for all type of dogs including those that have special dietary concerns.
- 78% of the protein in this premium dog food comes from beef, chicken, pork and fish meal.
- High levels of Omega-3 &6 fatty acids for a shiny coat and gorgeous skin.
- Extra chondroitin and glucosamine support healthy joints and hips. This is especially important for large breed, active, and fully grown dogs!
- Special formula supports a healthy immune system and good digestion so your dog gets the most out of their food.
- Comes in 5 lb and 30 lb bags so you can just try it out or you can just buy a small bag if you have a small or toy breed and want to keep it fresher.
- High protein formula lasts longer than other bags of a similar size. Grain free foods usually go further because they don’t have a bunch of cheap fillers.
- No grains.
- No artificial colors or flavors.
- Fish meal contributes natural DHA for a healthy brain.
This is a very good quality food that I encourage pet parents to try out, especially if they are trying to go grain-free on a budget.
Beef Meal, Sweet Potato, Chicken Meal, Peas, Chicken Fat (preserved with
mixed Tocopherols), Menhaden Fish Meal (source of DHA-Docosahexaenoic
Acid), Pork Meal, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Dried Egg Product, Flax Seed
(source of Omega 3 Fatty Acid and DHA), Yeast Culture, Natural Chicken
Flavor, Potassium Chloride, Dried Kelp, Salt, Montmorillonite, Tomato
Pomace (source of Lycopene), Dried Carrot, Choline Chloride, Hydrolyzed
Yeast, Dried Chicory Root, Taurine, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Hydrolyzed
Yeast, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Manganese Amino
Acid Complex, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Selenium Yeast,
L-Carnitine, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, Vitamin A
Supplement, Vitamin D Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Vitamin B-12
Supplement, Niacin Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine
Mononitrate, Biotin, Magnesium Amino Acid Chelate, Riboflavin
Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Lecithin,
Fructooligosaccharide, Folic Acid, Yeast Extract, Dried Enterococcus
Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus
Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Niger Fermentation Product,
Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Product, Yucca Schidigera Extract,
Citric Acid, Rosemary Extract.
Pet food ingredients, nutritional values, and the way they are labeled for consumers are monitored by several organizations in the United States including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the NGO, Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO).
Each year the AAFCO publishes two sets of nutritional minimum standards for dog food intended to help specify if a food is suitable for:
1. Dogs in the growth & reproduction phases of life
2. Adult dogs maintaining a healthy weight and activity level
3,640 kcal/kg, 397 kcal/cup
|Nutritional Component||Value||Meets AAFCO Growth & Reproduction Standards||Meets AAFCO Adult Maintenance Standards|
|CRUDE PROTEIN||33.0% min||–||–|
|CRUDE FAT||16.0% min||–||–|
|CRUDE FIBER||3.8% max||–||–|
|LINOLEIC ACID (OMEGA-6)||2.8% min||–||–|
|ZINC||150 mg/kg min|
|SELENIUM||0.4 mg/kg min|
|VITAMIN E||150 IU/kg min|
|LINOLENIC ACID (OMEGA-3)||0.4% min|
|L-CARNITINE||50 mg/kg min||–||–|
|GLUCOSAMINE||850 mg/kg min|
|CHONDROITIN||250 mg/kg min|
* – indicates not yet analyzed
Gradually replace your current dog food with Victor Grain Free over 5-7 days. Sensitive dogs can be transitioned over 10 days but this is probably not necessary since this is such an easy to digest dog food.
Puppies and Pregnant Or Nursing Dogs
Victor Grain-Free is great for puppies and pregnant or nursing dogs. Feed as much as puppies will eat over 20 minutes at least three times per day. Pregnant or nursing mothers may need a lot more than what the feeding charts indicate. Allow a private area for nursing mothers to eat as much as they want a few times per day.
Depending on your dog’s size and activity level, they may need more or less food in their daily feeding amounts.
|Weight||Daily Feeding (Cups)|
|20 LBS||1 1/2|
|40 LBS||2 1/2|
|60 LBS||3 1/4|
|100 LBS||4 1/2|
The Bottom Line
I really like this dog food! It combines quality proteins with vegetables, dried kelp, yeast, glucosamine, and chondroitin so it takes care of your dog’s health on every level. If you are spending a lot on supplements for your dog, you may be able to eliminate some of them simply by switching to Victor Grain-Free. Probiotics help out dogs that have digestion issues and increase how well your dog absorbs vitamins and minerals. If all the dog food recalls have you wondering what you should be feeding your dog then you should consider this premium grain free dog food for your pooch!