- The 10 Best No-Jump Dog Harnesses For Inspired Dogs - January 9, 2022
- Healing From Within: The Best Dog Foods for Hypothyroidism - January 9, 2022
- Safeguard vs. Panacur (2022 Review & Recall) - January 9, 2022
I had to look twice when I saw alligator meat in the ingredients list of this dog food. However, on closer inspection, this seems to be a dog food that offers quality but uses a different protein than what most dog parents are used to. Here is the low down on this unique dog food.
- Alligator and turkey offer a different approach to providing your dog with lean protein.
- Completely grain-free formula.
- No cheap fillers, artificial colors, or flavors.
- Probiotics for digestive support means dogs with very sensitive stomachs can eat this food.
- Fruits and vegetables such as blueberries, pumpkins, and spinach provide important nutrients and antioxidants.
- Menhaden fishmeal adds additional Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids for a shiny coat and great skin.
- Good choice for dogs that are bored with other dog foods.
- At 30% protein, this is a great option for dogs that need a high-performance dog food to thrive.
I think this is a good dog food that I would have no problem feeding to any of my four dogs! I am just glad they haven’t learned how to use the computer or they would probably be ordering this food right now!
Alligator, Turkey Meal, Chicken Meal, Sweet Potato, Peas, Lentils, Menhaden Fish Meal, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid), Tapioca, Dried Peas, Natural Flavor, Potassium Chloride, Inulin, Dried Blueberries, Dried Pumpkin, Dried Spinach, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Zinc Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Copper Proteinate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium Thermophilum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid
Pet food ingredients, nutritional values, and the way they are labeled for consumers are monitored by several organizations in the United States including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the NGO, Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO).
Each year the AAFCO publishes two sets of nutritional minimum standards for dog food intended to help specify if a food is suitable for:
1. Dogs in the growth & reproduction phases of life
2. Adult dogs maintaining a healthy weight and activity level
|Nutritional Component||Value||Meets AAFCO Growth & Reproduction Standards||Meets AAFCO Adult Maintenance Standards|
|CRUDE PROTEIN||30.0% min||–||–|
|CRUDE FAT||15.0% min||–||–|
|CRUDE FIBER||4.5% max||–||–|
|OMEGA 3 FATTY ACIDS||2.25% min||–||–|
|OMEGA 6 FATTY ACIDS||0.35% min||–||–|
* – indicates not yet analyzed
Depending on your dog’s size and activity level, they may need more or less food in their daily feeding amounts.
|Weight||Daily Feeding (Cups)|
|3-12 LBS||1/2 – 1|
|13-25 LBS||1 – 1 3/4|
|26-50 LBS||1 3/4 – 2 1/2|
|51-100 LBS||2 1/2 – 4|
|101-150 LBS||4 1/4 5 1/2|
This dog food is great for dogs with sensitive stomachs or allergies. A long transition period of 14 days is not needed in most cases. Most pet parents can just replace their pooches regular kibble with Zoic over 5-7 days.
Zoic Magic Marsh is a premium dog food that is fabulous for dogs with allergies or sensitive stomachs. For the typical dog it offers high levels of lean protein that can help grown and maintain lean muscle while keeping weight under control. The lack of any grains is a big plus and while important for dogs that have allergies to grains, also means you are not paying for cheap fillers and a lot of GMO grains. This is a holistic option that I have no reservations recommending.
Do you need other grain-free options? Check out our list of the best grain-free dog food.