Diamond Naturals does an excellent job of creating a quality dog food with probiotics at an affordable price. Diamond Extreme Athlete offers pet parents a lot of benefits.
- Real chicken and egg provide the lean protein that athletic dogs need to maintain good muscle mass and weight. It also means the food is tasty for your dog– which is important, especially if you have a picky eater.
- Natural antioxidants provide immune system support for active and working dogs.
- Chia, coconut, and flaxseed add valuable fatty acids that allow your dog to have healthy skin and hair. Dogs suffering from skin sensitivity or allergies can benefit from this super formula.
- No wheat, corn, or soy. Dogs with sensitivities to grains can usually eat Extreme Athlete with no problem.
- No artificial colors or flavors
- Glucosamine and chondroitin provide joint an hip support for active and working dogs. This is also excellent for those that have large breed dogs that are very active
- Rice, barley, and potatoes add variety and take the place of the grains typically found in commercial dog foods.
Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete is a dog food that Scout has no problem recommending for any highly active dog. Those that do a lot of hiking, backpacking, agility courses, hunting, herding, and guarding can benefit from this special formulation.
Just remember that dietary needs can vary a lot by the dog. Some dogs do not need quite as much as what feed charts say. I have working Great Pyrenees on 11 acres and if I gave them what the bag recommends for their weight they would either bury half of it for later or become overweight.
Chicken Meal, Chicken, Ground Rice, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed
Tocopherols), Cracked Pearled Barley, Egg Product, Potato Protein,
Powdered Cellulose, Flaxseed, Dried Beet Pulp, Natural Flavor, Fish
Meal, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Choline Chloride, Dried Chicory Root,
Glucosamine Hydrochloride, L-Carnitine, Kale, Chia Seed, Pumpkin,
Blueberries, Oranges, Quinoa, Dried Kelp, Coconut, Spinach, Carrots,
Papaya, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Lactobacillus Acidophilus,
Bifidobacterium Lactis, Lactobacillus Reuteri, Vitamin E Supplement,
Beta Carotene, Chondroitin Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate,
Copper Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate,
Potassium Iodide, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Manganese
Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement,
Biotin, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium
Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Vitamin B12 Supplement,
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin D Supplement, Folic Acid.
Pet food ingredients, nutritional values, and the way they are labeled for consumers are monitored by several organizations in the United States including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the NGO, Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO).
Each year the AAFCO publishes two sets of nutritional minimum standards for dog food intended to help specify if a food is suitable for:
1. Dogs in the growth & reproduction phases of life
2. Adult dogs maintaining a healthy weight and activity level
4,710 kcal/kg, 470 kcal/cup
|Nutritional Component||Value||Meets AAFCO Growth & Reproduction Standards||Meets AAFCO Adult Maintenance Standards|
|CRUDE PROTEIN||32.0% min||–||–|
|CRUDE FAT||25.0% min||–||–|
|CRUDE FIBER||4.0% max||–||–|
|ZINC||150 mg/kg min|
|SELENIUM||0.3 mg/kg min|
|VITAMIN E||150 IU/kg min|
|OMEGA 3 FATTY ACIDS||0.5% min||–||–|
|OMEGA 6 FATTY ACIDS||3.5% min||–||–|
|GLUCOSAMINE||300 mg/kg min|
|CHONDROITIN SULFATE||100 mg/kg min|
|TOTAL MICROORGANISMS||1,000,000 CFU/lb min|
* – indicates not yet analyzed
Depending on your dog’s size and activity level, they may need more or less food in their daily feeding amounts.
|Weight||Daily Feeding (Cups)|
|10-20 LBS||2/3 – 1 1/4|
|20-30 LBS||1 1/4 – 1 1/2|
|30-40 LBS||1 1/2 – 2|
|40-60 LBS||2 – 2 2/3|
|60-80 LBS||2 2/3 – 3 1/3|
|80-100 LBS||3 1/3 – 4|
Gradually replace your dogs food with Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete over a 7 day period. If you have a dog that has a tendency to be sensitive to food changes, you can increase the transition period to 14 days.
Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete offers a holistically-based probiotic dog food for the highly active pooch. If your dog food doesn’t seem to be offering your active friend the level of nutrition they need, now may be the time to make the switch to Diamond Naturals. Dogs with allergies and sensitivities can benefit from the healthy levels of good fatty acids and the lack of artifical colors, flavors, and grains.