- 7 Best Dog Bed Ideas For Great Dane (DIY Options) - July 16, 2022
- Top 5 Rated Best Non-Prescription Diabetic Dog Food - July 15, 2022
- American Journey Dog Food Reviews & Recall - July 15, 2022
This is an excellent treat and topper for your good dog! Stella & Chewy’s is a remarkable brand due to the quality and care they put into all their dog foods, treats, toppers, and snacks.
- Never any artificial colors or flavors.
- 95% chicken, bone, and organs mean you are not paying a lot for cheap fillers.
- Can be used as a sole ration or as a topper. For medium to large dogs, it is only cost effective as a topper.
- Made in the USA. Nothing is sourced from China.
- Small amounts of fruits and veggies add texture and fiber to your dog’s diet.
- Probiotics help to provide digestive and immune support. You may not feel like you need to add additional probiotics if you use this as a topper for your dog’s kibble.
- Easy to store and lightweight. This means if you have a small dog and travel a lot, you may want to take a look at all of Stella & Chewy’s formulas.
- Dried kelp is a helpful addition that provides important micronutrients and minerals for a healthy dog.
- Completely grain-free.
I give this topper 4 Paws Up out of 5. The ingredients are great and it provides a lot of important vitamins, minerals, protein, and micronutrients. Probiotics help all dogs digest their food better so they get the most out of each and every bite.
Chicken With Ground Bone, Chicken Liver, Chicken Gizzard, Pumpkin Seed, Organic Cranberries, Organic Spinach, Organic Broccoli, Organic Beets, Organic Carrots, Organic Squash, Organic Blueberries, Fenugreek Seed, Potassium Chloride, Dried Kelp, Sodium Phosphate, Tocopherols (Preservative), Choline Chloride, Dried Pediococcus Acidilactici Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium Longum Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus Coagulans Fermentation Product, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Taurine, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Niacin Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid.
Pet food ingredients, nutritional values, and the way they are labeled for consumers are monitored by several organizations in the United States including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the NGO, Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO).
|CRUDE PROTEIN||48.0% min|
|CRUDE FAT||28.0% min|
|CRUDE FIBER||5.0% max|
|MICROORGANISMS||50,000,000 CFU/oz min|
4,440 kcal/kg, 50 kcal/1/4 cup
When Used as a Mixer/Topper:
Simply fill a 1/4 c. measuring cup, mix with other food you may be feeding and serve. Meal Mixers can be fed to your pet dry or rehydrated by adding 2 tablespoons of cool or warm water per 1/4 cup of food.
Your pet will love the added taste and can be confident about the added nutrition Meal Mixers delivers. We recommend the following portions based on the size of your dog:
|Dog’s Weight||Number of 1/4 Cup Scoops per Day (when mixed with other food*)|
|SMALL DOGS (UP TO 20 LBS.)||1 Scoop per Day|
|MEDIUM DOGS ( 21-40 LBS.)||2 Scoops per Day|
|LARGE DOGS (OVER 40 LBS.)||3+ Scoops per Day|
*Reduce other food portions accordingly to avoid overfeeding
When Used As a Complete & Balanced Meal:
Meal Mixers meet the nutritional requirements to be fed as a complete and balanced meal for all adult dogs. To use as a meal, serve as is, or rehydrate by adding cool or warm water. If your dog does not regularly drink water at mealtime, we recommend rehydrating by adding 1/2 cup of water per 1 cup of food. If your dog prefers dry food, always have ample fresh water available at mealtime.
|Dog’s Weight||Number of Cups Per Day|
|UP TO 5 LBS||1/2 cup|
|6 – 10 LBS||1 cup|
|11 – 15 LBS||1-1/4 cup|
|16 – 20 LBS||1-1/2 cups|
|21 – 40 LBS||2-1/2 cups|
|41 – 60 LBS||3-1/2 cups|
|61 – 80 LBS||4-1/4 cups|
|81 – 100 LBS||5 cups|
Transition InstructionsSlowly mix with current diet for the first 7 – 10 days, increasing the amount of Stella & Chewy’s while decreasing the amount of the other food.
This topping mix is a tasty and great addition to your dog’s regular diet. It would be especially useful for small dog owners when traveling or for getting a picky dog to eat their meals. Stella & Chewy makes a lot of different treats and toppers that are worth looking at if you want the best quality in a freeze-dried treat or daily dog food.
Like this review? Check out more of our Scout Knows food reviews here.