- The 10 Best No-Jump Dog Harnesses For Inspired Dogs - July 16, 2022
- Cheaper Alternative to Blue Buffalo Dog Food - July 15, 2022
- Healing From Within: The Best Dog Foods for Hypothyroidism - January 9, 2022
Caru is a premium wet dog food that is appealing to those with small dogs or that want a quality topping to supplement their favorite dry kibble.
- Caru has no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
- No grains, gluten, or added thickeners beyond tapioca.
- Real meat and veggies in every carton.
- Turkey and salmon provide flavor your dog will love.
- Made in small batches in the USA.
- The limited ingredient formula is perfect for dogs that have skin or stomach sensitivities.
- Cooked at a low temperature so nutrients are retained better than the high temperature cooked canned foods on the market. This is a very important feature of this food. High-temperature cooking is used in brands that are not always using the best ingredients!
- Salmon in every bite makes this a food to consider for dogs that seem to do better with some fish oil or fish protein in their diet. This would be great as a topping for Lab dog food.
You could just cook your own dog food for the same cost or less. This food is not typically found in grocery stores and may be harder to find at pet stores. This means you need to order a supply and keep it on auto order.
Water Sufficient For Processing, Turkey, Turkey Broth, Chickpeas, Salmon, Apples, Carrots, Peas, Pumpkin, Sunflower Oil, Whole Ground Flaxseed, Tapioca Starch, Egg Whites, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Tricalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamins (Choline Bitartrate, DL-Alpha-Tocopherol Acetate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Niacin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Cholecalciferol), Minerals (Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Iodine Amino Acid Chelate, Selenium Yeast).
Pet food ingredients, nutritional values, and the way they are labeled for consumers are monitored by several organizations in the United States including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the NGO, Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO). Each year the AAFCO publishes two sets of nutritional minimum standards for dog food intended to help specify if a food is suitable for:
1. Dogs in the growth & reproduction phases of life
2. Adult dogs maintaining a healthy weight and activity level
838 kcal/kg, 296 kcal per pack
|Nutritional Component||Value||Meets AAFCO Growth & Reproduction Standards||Meets AAFCO Adult Maintenance Standards|
|Crude Protein||6.0% min||-||-|
|CRUDE FAT||4.0% min||-||-|
|CRUDE FIBER||2.0% max||-||-|
|OMEGA 6 FATTY ACIDS||0.50% min||-||-|
|OMEGA 3 FATTY ACIDS||0.25% min||-||-|
Note: – indicates not yet analyzed
As with any food you need to gradually switch your dog over. Dogs with very sensitive stomachs may need longer but you may be surprised how easy it is to switch to Caru’s high-quality formula. To switch just replace your dog’s food with Caru gradually over a 5-14 day time period. If using as a topping there is no need to follow these guidelines although you may want to start slowely if you have a pooch that gobbles down treats fast.
When fed alone, use 1 pack daily for every 12 lbs of body weight. If feeding with typical dry dog food, reduce dry food by 2/3 cup for every 1 pack of Daily Dish.
Serve as a complete and balanced meal or as a topper with dry food. Adjust the amount of food fed to meet your dog’s individual needs.
Caru is a complete dog food so you can feed it alone if desired. Adjust the amount of food fed to meet your dog’s individual needs based on activity level and age. Always make sure water is fresh and clean. Caru can be slightly heated as a treat if your dog likes a warmer meal in the cold months. Just be careful to not heat it too much.
The Bottom Line
Caru is a high-quality wet dog food suitable for all adult dogs. While it may be a delicious topping for puppies, you should feed a good dry puppy food while they are growing. The price point makes it not suitable for those with a lot of dogs or that have giant breeds.
Caru is a good option for those that have small or toy breed dogs that they would like to cook for but don’t have the time to cook a balanced ration for their canine companion.
Caru Daily Dish Turkey with Wild Salmon Stew, Natural Adult Wet Dog Food with Real Chunks of Turkey and Wild Salmon, with Added Vitamins and Minerals, Non-GMO Ingredients (12.5 oz)
Wellness Simple – Grain Free Turkey & Potato Dog Food Review
Hill’s Prescription Diet Digestive Care with Turkey Dog Food Review
Nulo Freestyle Grain-Free Adult and Puppy Dry Dog Food Review