- The 10 Best No-Jump Dog Harnesses For Inspired Dogs - January 9, 2022
- Healing From Within: The Best Dog Foods for Hypothyroidism - January 9, 2022
- Safeguard vs. Panacur (2022 Review & Recall) - January 9, 2022
Scout loves Diamond Brand for a lot of reasons. This is the dog food I feed my own dogs. This high-quality beef and rice formula is appealing to any dog parent that wants the best quality in a USA-made dog food. I love how easy it is to find Diamond Brand products.
Amazon carries the full line of Diamond Band Products so this dog food can be delivered right to your door. I have large dogs. Our 110 lb Great Pyrenees require us to buy dog food in larger bags. This version of Diamond Brand comes in a 40 lb bag and is an amazing value. I have always wondered just how Diamond Brand manages to do what they do and offer their food at such an outstanding price for a formula that is free of corn, wheat, and soy. Diamond brand is a top choice for dog parents everywhere.
- Kale, blueberries, chia seeds and pumpkin–along with real fruits and vegetables like carrots, spinach, and papaya provide antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
- Chia seed, coconut, and flaxseed are a main source of valuable Omega-3 fatty acids which help dogs have great skin and a shiny coat.
- Proprietary K9 Strain probiotic blend provides the bacteria needed for unmatched digestive health. Pumpkin, dried kelp, coconut and dried chicory root fiber help dogs stay regular.
- No corn, wheat, or soy.
- No animal by-products or digest.
- Free of artificial colors and flavors.
- The formula is great for active dogs and puppies.
Beef Meal, Peas, Cracked Pearled Barley, Ground Rice, Rice Bran, Chicken
Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Fish Meal, Pea Protein, Dried
Beet Pulp, Egg Product, Natural Flavor, Flaxseed, Potassium Chloride,
Salt, Choline Chloride, Dried Chicory Root, Kale, Chia Seed, Pumpkin,
Blueberries, Oranges, Quinoa, Dried Kelp, Coconut, Spinach, Carrots,
Papaya, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Lactobacillus Acidophilus,
Bifidobacterium Lactis, Lactobacillus Reuteri, Vitamin E Supplement,
Beta Carotene, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate,
Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide,
Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Manganese Proteinate, Manganous
Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Niacin, Calcium
Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine
Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin (Vitamin
B2), Vitamin D Supplement, Folic Acid.
Pet food ingredients, nutritional values, and the way they are labeled for consumers are monitored by several organizations in the United States including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the NGO, Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO).
Each year the AAFCO publishes two sets of nutritional minimum standards for dog food intended to help specify if a food is suitable for:
1. Dogs in the growth & reproduction phases of life
2. Adult dogs maintaining a healthy weight and activity level
3,518 kcal/kg, 329 kcal/cup
|Nutritional Component||Value||Meets AAFCO Growth & Reproduction Standards||Meets AAFCO Adult Maintenance Standards|
|CRUDE PROTEIN||25.0% min||–||–|
|CRUDE FAT||15.0% min||–||–|
|CRUDE FIBER||4.5% max||–||–|
|ZINC||150 mg/kg min||–||–|
|SELENIUM||0.35 mg/kg min||–||–|
|VITAMIN E||150 IU/kg min|
* – indicates not yet analyzed
Depending on your dog’s size and activity level, they may need more or less food in their daily feeding amounts.
|Weight||Daily Feeding (Cups)|
|5- 10 LBS||1/2 – 1|
|10-20 LBS||1 – 1 1/2|
|20-30 LBS||1 1/2 – 2|
|30-40 LBS||2 – 2 1/2|
|40-60 LBS||2 1/2 – 3 1/4|
|60-80 LBS||3 1/4 – 4|
|80-100 LBS||4 – 4 2/3|
Diamond Brand is perhaps the greatest value in terms of quality of any of the USA produced dog foods. No corn, wheat, soy, or artificial colors and flavors combined with a great balance of protein, vegetables, fruits, probiotics, kelp, vitamins, and minerals is as good as it can get when it comes to an everyday kibble for your pooch.
Diamond Brand Beef and Rice is highly palatable to dogs of all ages. I have personally seen dogs choose this food over more expensive brands like Iams when given a choice. Diamond offers a large range of dog foods so do make sure that you read the ingredients list for each variety. They do have some versions that have grains in them and cost a little less.