- The 10 Best No-Jump Dog Harnesses For Inspired Dogs - July 16, 2022
- Cheaper Alternative to Blue Buffalo Dog Food - July 15, 2022
- Healing From Within: The Best Dog Foods for Hypothyroidism - January 9, 2022
Addiction is a quality manufacturer of dog food. They go the extra mile to only use the finest ingredients. Your dog will enjoy this meat based dog food from the pastures of New Zealand. If you are trying to eliminate GMO’s in your dog’s diet, this company is one to look at for your kibble.
- Grain-free formula.
- Lamb, pork, and beef raised in New Zealand.
- No artificial colors or flavors.
- Added glucosamine helps keep joints and hips in great shape so your dog gets the most out of life.
- Available in a 44 lb size rather than the 24 or 28 lb sizes that are so common with grain free formulas. This makes it a better choice for multiple dog households.
- Blend of fruits and vegetables add variety and balance to your dog’s diet.
- Minimal ingredient formula is easy to digest and is easy to transition your dog to even if they are normally very sensitive or have allergies.
Like the previous Addiction dog food formula reviewed, this one has potatoes as the second ingredient and it is very cost prohibitive. The price is likely due to the shipping cost from New Zealand. As such, this food only for those that only have a single giant dog that requires special food.
Lamb Meal, Beef Meal, Pork Meal, Potato, Peas, Tapioca, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Flaxseed, Natural Flavors, Sodium Chloride, Dried Cranberries, Dried Blueberries, Kelp, Brewers Dried Yeast, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin (Vitamin B3), Calcium Panthothenate (Vitamin B5), Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Folic Acid (Vitamin B9), Taurine, Choline Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Sulphate, Ferrous Sulphate, Calcium Carbonate, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulphate, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Glucosamine Sulfate, Rosemary Extract, Green Tea Extract and Spearmint Extract.
Pet food ingredients, nutritional values, and the way they are labeled for consumers are monitored by several organizations in the United States including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the NGO, Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO).
Each year the AAFCO publishes two sets of nutritional minimum standards for dog food intended to help specify if a food is suitable for:
1. Dogs in the growth & reproduction phases of life
2. Adult dogs maintaining a healthy weight and activity level
|Nutritional Component||Value||Meets AAFCO Growth & Reproduction Standards||Meets AAFCO Adult Maintenance Standards|
|CRUDE PROTEIN||20.0% min||–||–|
|CRUDE FAT||11.0% min||–||–|
|CRUDE FIBER||4.0% max||–||–|
* – indicates not yet analyzed
Addiction is a gentle and easy to digest dog food so all you need to do is replace your dog’s normal food with Addiction over seven days.
|12 – 20 LBS||1 – 1 1/2|
|20 – 50 LBS||1 1/2 – 3|
|50 – 100 LBS||3 – 5|
Clean fresh water is important to have on hand at all times. Make sure water is available close to where you feed your dog.
Puppies and pregnant or nursing mothers may need three times the amounts in the feeding guidelines. Dogs that are very active or seniors may need their daily feeding adjusted as well.
The ingredients list is superb, excluding the addition of a lot of potatoes. Blueberries are always good to see in a dog food because of the amazing antioxidant protection they provide. Added glucosamine is something you should expect in any dog food for giant breeds, especially in this price range. Overall, Scoutknows recommends this dog food, though it might not be sustainable for those in North America. It takes a lot of fuel to get that bag all the way over here!
If you like to learn more, check out our review for Addiction dog products.
Save 30% on your first Autoship OrderShop Now