- How to Figure Out Your Dog’s Age - January 8, 2022
- Prescription Diet Dog Food (Guide and Recommendations 2022) - December 12, 2019
- How To Take Care of Your Bichon Frise (Grooming Tips) - December 12, 2019
- Our Recommendation
- Scout’s Pick
- Nutritional Analysis
- Caloric Content
- Feeding Amounts
- The Bottom Line
Hill’s Science Diet Small BreedBreed Dry Dog Food is for adult small and toy breeds that suffer from sensitive stomachs. The formula offers a complete and balanced diet for small and toy dogs with digestive issues.
- Cage-free, U.S.A. raised chicken and grass-fed lambs.
- Protein-packed recipes with a natural probiotic boost, high omegas, and antioxidants.
- All natural protein kibbles have real meat, non-GMO fruits, and vegetables.
- Calcium, nutrition, and phosphorus combined.
- Natural live probiotics, and omega antioxidants.
- Balanced diet supports a healthy digestive system, skin, coat, and immune system.
Conversely, one negative thing to note is that brewers rice is the first ingredient. Above all, this is a filler; ideally, protein would be first on the list. This food is right for some dogs, but not all. Talk to your vet before buying.
Brewers Rice, Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Sorghum, Cracked Pearled Barley, Pea Protein, Pork Fat, Soybean Oil, Chicken Liver Flavor, Dried Beet Pulp, Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Iodized Salt, Flaxseed, L-Lysine, Choline Chloride, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Taurine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Oat Fiber, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene, Apples, Broccoli, Carrots, Cranberries, Green Peas.
Pet food ingredients, nutritional values, and the way they are labeled for consumers are monitored by several organizations in the United States including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the NGO, Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO).
Feed your little one the amount necessary for his/her optimal weight. If you are not sure what that is, ask your canine’s veterinarian. Make sure your dog has plenty of clean water.
Vets prescribe Hill’s Science Diet to canines with health issues. Hills make all their formula with only high-quality protein such as chicken, lamb, or salmon. They balance their recipes with flaxseed, coconut oil, carrots, cranberries, apples, and broccoli.
If your little one has a sensitive stomach with digestive issues then Hill’s Science Diet Adult Small & Toy Breed Sensitive Stomach & Skin Dry Dog Food may be the right one for your pup. Above all, ask your veterinarian if Hill’s Science Diet formula is the right one for your best friend.