- The 10 Best No-Jump Dog Harnesses For Inspired Dogs - January 9, 2022
- Healing From Within: The Best Dog Foods for Hypothyroidism - January 9, 2022
- Safeguard vs. Panacur (2022 Review & Recall) - January 9, 2022
Natural Balance is a naturally-sourced, minimal ingredient dog food that is made in the USA. It is lower protein and lower fat than a lot of canned dog foods so it can be a good choice for dogs that need a limited diet to help with digestion, weight loss, or simply maintaining a healthy weight.
- No artificial colors or flavors.
- Chicken is the first ingredient.
- Healthy levels of the vitamins and minerals your dog needs.
- Sweet potatoes add flavor and also help with digestion and ensure maximum absorption of nutrients.
- No grains or by-products makes this an excellent dog food for those that have allergies.
- Can be fed to adults and puppies.
Natural Balance is a dog food that Scout has no problem recommending for any dog but the amount of cans you need to feed larger pooches make it only practical for small to medium sized dogs.
Chicken, Chicken Broth, Sweet Potatoes, Potatoes, Dehydrated Potatoes,
Chicken Liver, Chicken Meal, Canola Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium
Phosphate, Guar Gum, Natural Smoke Flavor, Yucca Schidigera Extract,
Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Carrageenan, Zinc
Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement,
Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid
(Vitamin C), Sodium Selenite, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine
Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin, Calcium
Iodate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3
Pet food ingredients, nutritional values, and the way they are labeled for consumers are monitored by several organizations in the United States including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the NGO, Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO).
Each year the AAFCO publishes two sets of nutritional minimum standards for dog food intended to help specify if a food is suitable for:
1. Dogs in the growth & reproduction phases of life
2. Adult dogs maintaining a healthy weight and activity level
1,060 kcal/kg, 400 kcal/13 oz can
|Nutritional Component||Value||Meets AAFCO Growth & Reproduction Standards||Meets AAFCO Adult Maintenance Standards|
|CRUDE PROTEIN||5.5% min||–||–|
|CRUDE FAT||3.5% min||–||–|
|CRUDE FIBER||1.5% max||–||–|
* – indicates not yet analyzed
The amounts in the table are intended as guidelines only. The food intake should be adjusted according to the age, weight, and activity of your dog.
|Weight||Daily Feeding 13 ounce cans|
|Under 10 LBS||1/2 – 1|
|18 LBS||1 – 1 1/2|
|25 LBS||2 – 2 1/2|
|50 LBS||3 – 3 1/2|
|100 LBS||6 – 6 1/2|
Over 7 days gradually replace more of your dog’s regular food with Natural Balance. This will decrease the chance of gastrointestinal distress.
This is a dog food you can feel good about feeding. If you have smaller dogs you can buy it in 6-ounce cans too. This limited ingredient formula is perfect for helping dogs that have trouble with digesting some foods or that have allergies and other sensitivities. Pet parents have a lot of great things to say about what this canned food has done to help their older dogs.