- The 10 Best No-Jump Dog Harnesses For Inspired Dogs - January 9, 2022
- Healing From Within: The Best Dog Foods for Hypothyroidism - January 9, 2022
- Safeguard vs. Panacur (2022 Review & Recall) - January 9, 2022
Blue Buffalo once again has gone the extra mile to provide a well formulated dry kibble that is 100% grain-free.
- No corn, wheat, soy, poultry by-products.
- No artificial colors or flavors.
- Backed by Blue Buffalo’s 100% guarantee.
- Full of Omega-3 and 6 fatty acids for healthy skin and coat. This is very helpful for dogs that have allergies and other skin sensitivities.
- Glucosamine supports strong joints and hips making this a great dog food for large breeds and very active small to medium dogs.
- Turkey-based recipe is easy to digest so this formula is an option.
- Designed for adult dogs. While you could feed this to a puppy, it is better to choose one of Blue Buffalo’s many puppy formulas.
- Fruits and veggies provide antioxidant protection for a strong and healthy immune system.
- The generous amount of probiotics in every meal provides digestive support.
- Limited ingredient diet for dogs with allergies and sensitive stomachs.
For your younger pups, you can check out Blue Buffalo’s dog food for puppies.
Deboned Turkey, Turkey Meal, Tapioca Starch, Potatoes, Peas, Pea Starch, Pea Fiber, Canola Oil (Source of Omega 6 Fatty Acids), Pea Protein, Natural Flavor, Potato Starch, Fish Oil (Source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids), Dicalcium Phosphate, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Salt, Pumpkin, Dried Chicory Root, Choline Chloride, Flaxseed (Source of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids), Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, Caramel Color, Vitamin E Supplement, Mixed Tocopherols (A Natural Preservative), L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Parsley, Dried Kelp, Blueberries, Cranberries, Barley Grass, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Ferrous Sulfate, Turmeric, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Sulfate, Dl-Methionine, Oil of Rosemary, L-Carnitine, L-Lysine, Copper Sulfate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Nicotinic Acid (Vitamin B3), Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Taurine, Biotin (Vitamin B7), Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin A Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Dried Yeast, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Niger Fermentation Extract, Dried Trichoderma Longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Folic Acid (Vitamin B9), Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite.
Pet food ingredients, nutritional values, and the way they are labeled for consumers are monitored by several organizations in the United States including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the NGO, Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO).
Each year the AAFCO publishes two sets of nutritional minimum standards for dog food intended to help specify if a food is suitable for:
1. Dogs in the growth & reproduction phases of life
2. Adult dogs maintaining a healthy weight and activity level
3,550 kcal/kg, 357 kcal/cup
|Nutritional Component||Value||Meets AAFCO Growth & Reproduction Standards||Meets AAFCO Adult Maintenance Standards|
|CRUDE PROTEIN||20.0% min||–||–|
|CRUDE FAT||12.0% min||–||–|
|CRUDE FIBER||6.0% max||–||–|
|VITAMIN E||300 IU/kg min|
|OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS||0.75% min|
|OMEGA-6 FATTY ACIDS||2.25% min|
|VITAMIN C||100 mg/kg min|
|GLUCOSAMINE||300 mg/kg min|
|CRUDE PROTEIN||20.0% min|
* – indicates not yet analyzed
Over 7-14 days gradually replace your dog’s kibble or wet food with Blue Buffalo. Some dogs are less sensitive to diet changes than others so they can be transitioned using the 7 day plan.
|Weight||Daily Feeding (cup)|
|UP TO 15 LBS||1/2 – 1 1/2|
|16 – 25 LBS||1 1/2 – 2|
|26 – 40 LBS||2 – 3|
|41 – 60 LBS||3 – 4|
|61 – 80 LBS||4 – 5|
|81 – 100 LBS||5 – 6|
|100+ LBS||6 + 1/2 per 20 lbs|
This formula is designed for adult dogs only. It is not for puppies.
Blue Buffalo Basics Limited Ingredient Grain-Free Turkey and Potato helps dogs with allergies and sensitive stomachs. The balance of protein, calories, and fat promotes lean and strong muscles and helps dogs maintain a good body weight. The price point is similar to a lot of grain free specialty formula dog foods. Since this food is easy to find online, it can be placed on auto delivery for additional savings and to ensure that you have a fresh supply for your canine members of the family. A small kibble size makes this an option for homes that have very small and large dogs but want to feed one dog food.